Where'd Todd Go?...
On Dealing With Psychopaths and Stalking
All of these books were purchased with the intention of attempting to understand the mind, the methods, and the tools of my bullies. ...And there will inevitiably be yet more books added over time.
ASPD-related Psychology and Sociology:
- Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders - Fourth Edition, APA, 1994
- Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders - Fourth Edition - Text Revision, APA, 2000
- Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders - Fifth Edition, APA, 2013
- Forensic Psychology, Lawrence S. Wrightsman, 2001
- Introduction To Forensic Psychology, Curt R. Bartol & Anne M. Bartol, 2004
- Psychopathy: Antisocial, Criminal, and Violent Behavior, Theodore Millon, 2003
- the sociopath next door, Martha Stout, 2005
- the Psychopath Whisperer, Kent A. Kiehl, PhD, 2014
- The Psychopath in Society (Personality and Psychopathology), Robert Joseph Smith, 1978
- Bullies, Tyrants & Impossible People, Ronald M. Shapiro & Mark A. Jankowski, 2005
- Cyber Bullying: Protecting Kids and Adults from Online Bullies, Samuel C. McQuade, James P. Colt, Nancy B. B. Meyer, 2009
- Books by Dr. Jay Carter, Ph.D.:
- Nasty Bosses, 2004
- Nasty Men, 1993
- Nasty People, 1979
- Nasty Women, 2003
- Books by Robert D, Hare, Ph.D.:
- Without Conscience, 1993
- Snakes In Suits, Paul Babiak & Robert D. Hare, 2006
- Books by Rosalind Wiseman:
- Queen Bees & Wannabes, 2002
- Queen Bee Moms & Kingpin Dads, 2006
- Masterminds & Wingmen, 2013
- A Dance With The Devil - A True Story Of Marriage To A Psychopath, Barbara Bentley, 2008
- Anne Frank: the Diary of a Young Girl, Anne Frank / Otto Frank, 1953
- Hitler's Empire: How The Nazis Ruled Europe, Mark Mazower, 2008
- Inside The Third Reich, Memiors By Albert Speer, Albert Speer, 1970
- The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich - A History of Nazi Germany - 13th Anniversary Edition
William L. Shirer, 1959/60 (Renewed 1988/89)
- Troublemaker, Leah Remini, 2015
Why list the Anne Frank diary? It's basically about what happened to an innocent little girl when a charismatic psychopath was able to successfully convince an entire country that she was defective. The book was compiled by a father who loved his daughter so very, very much and who didn't want to let her altogether die. I think it's necessary for us to read things like that so that we can be reminded of what unnecessary cruelty is, and how far ir can go, and what it can do if left unchallenged. No, I...I think it wholly appropriate to include here, in fact.
Why the Hitler books? (uncomfortably long stare, shakes head) ...You're kidding. Right?
Computer Hacking and Hackers:
- Crime, Deviance and the Computer, Richard C. Hollinger, 1997
Recommend that you read these particular books below in this very order so as to prevent yourself from being taken in by the social engineering in the Mitnik books. You probably won't recognize it happening to you if you don't.
- Takedown, Tsutomu Shimomura, John Markhoff, 1996
- The Fugutive Game, Jonathan Littman, 1996/97
- Ghost In The Wires, Kevin Mitnick, William Simon, 2011
About The Methods of Social Engineering:
- The Art of Deception, Kevin Mitnick, William Simon, 2002
- The Art of Intrusion, Kevin Mitnick, William Simon, 2005
- Larson's New Book of Cults, Bob Larson, 1982 (Revised 1989)
(...Ideas on how to make it all stop.)
- Art of War, Sun Tzu, translated by Ralph D. Sawyer, 1994
- Great Commanders And Their Battles, Anthony Livesey, 1987, 1993
- Military Errors Of World War Two, Kenneth Macksey, 2003
- Napoleon's Art of War, translated by Lieut.-Gen. Sir G.C. D'Aguilar, C.B., 1995
Note the book about Sun Tzu. It was in studying Sun Tzu that I came up with the idea to make a searingly effective use of a blog in my defensive strategy.
So what IS the deal with all those books by Kevin Mitnick, anyway? Wasn't he a sociopath hacker? Well...yah. Exactly. Remember that some of my stalkers were hackers, too. And Kevin was a sociopath who was insanely adept at social engineering, and that's exactly what my stalkers used. It's what allowed them to go as far as they did with people, organizations, and government agencies. There's tremendous opportunity there to read in the words of the sociopath himself just exactly how the man's mind works, and how he sees the world. Note that you MUST ALSO temper that reading with books about him by other people who were, for example, involved in tracking and in catching him. In this way, things that Mitnick deliberately leaves out of his own books (in an effort to social engineer the reader into believing that he was just "misguided", "innocent-minded", and "meant no harm") can be seen, and a better, much more accurate, much more unbiased idea/study can then be had.
Take careful note while reading the Mitnik-authored books all the things that Mitnik left out in order to try to make himself seem more innocent and "picked on" and like he himself was the victim...all the harassments, the threats, and the programs and information that he stole, for examples. And while author Jonathan Littman seemed to try to console himself that he was seeing both sides, take careful note too that he also seemed to be taken in somewhat by Mitnik's social engineering skills, and tended to paint him in that "victim" sort of light.
This demonstrates all too well just how easily we can all be taken in by how charming sociopaths can be when they speak...including leaders in government agencies and public organizations both...even citizens of an entire country being led into believing that Jews were so bad that they should be wiped from the face of the planet. It's mind-boggling how easily psychopaths can charm people into believing that someone is a monster based on one man's word alone; how easily they can be convinced by someone who wasn't an authority figure in any way to ignore standard operating procedures and laws, and not check the facts first before they officially act against an innocent victim. It is startling how easily one individual can quickly start something of a mass hysteria uprising without challenge. Even Robert D. Hare, the psychopathy expert, admits that some of his best trained co-workers were occasionally taken in and for some fleeting moments even felt sorry for the psychopaths they were interviewing who described their murders as something "necessary" -- before they eventually shook their heads and caught on. No one expects to be socially engineered, and no one knows to be looking for it when it happens.
These books helped me to better understand all the WHYs, and the HOWs.
Not mentioned in here are books regarding computers, languages, programming, networks, and networking that are just too numerous to list here, that I obtained in order to understand the world that my stalkers were operating in, and how they were able to use it against me.